HPCC is the big data analysis tool from LexisNexis. They have proprietary add-ons as well. They've got a meetup and have spoken at local users' groups. I don't see any upcoming meetups, but keep an eye on them.
This was the note from Trish, their program manager:
Hello, I am the Program Manager for the HPCC Systems open source project at LexisNexis. HPCC Systems (www.hpccsystems.com) from LexisNexis Risk Solutions offers a proven, data-intensive supercomputing platform designed for the enterprise to process and solve Big Data analytical problems. As an alternative to legacy technology, HPCC Systems offers a consistent data-centric programming language, two processing platforms and a single, complete end-to-end architecture for efficient processing. And it is open source! ... I'm happy to provide whitepapers, articles or any other information needed.
Upcoming HPCC Meetups
FAU Meetup: Managing Big Data using New Innovations with HPCC Systems
Big Data Processing & Analytics - HPCC Systems (LexisNexis)
FAU Students and Faculty: Join us for a meetup!
Attendance is limited to FAU Students and Faculty only.
Since 2011, the HPCC Systems platform has been the complete open source solution for big data processing and analytics. The platform includes:
• A massively scalable data refinery environment for ingesting and transforming structured or unstructured big data from diverse sources
• A fast and robust data delivery engine for real-time querying and data warehousing
• The Enterprise Control Language (ECL), a powerful programming language optimized for big data processing
The technology behind the platform has been in place for over 15 years, but by no means is it slowing down or facing stagnation.
In this presentation, we will briefly discuss where we have been, where we are now, and what is in store for HPCC Systems in the coming months. At the conclusion, of the presentation we will tell you how to get started and how to get up to speed quickly with HPCC Systems and ECL.
Free Pizza + Free ECL Training + Raffle prizes including a Kindle Fire!
• Introduction to the platform and history before 2011
• The 2011 Open Source Initiative
• Machine Learning Library introduced February 2012
• Continuous updates and improvements in speed and compiler power.
• Changes in the ECL Watch (Version 5 and 6)
• ECL Playground
• New web services, like WSSQL
• Plugin support (Ganglia, Nagios)
• EMBED support
• Interfacing with Cassandra
• KEL lite, data modeling for the future
• Our STRIKE approach to Big Data
• Looking ahead to HPCC Version 7 (Tensorflow, Multi-core and more)
About the Speaker
Bob Foreman has worked with the HPCC Systems technology platform and the ECL programming language for over 5 years, and has been a technical trainer for over 25 years. He is the developer and designer of the HPCC Systems Online Training Courses, and is the Senior Instructor for all classroom and Webex/Lync based training. This includes: Introduction to ECL - Concepts and Queries, Introduction to THOR - the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Process, Advanced ECL - Working with Relational Data, Advanced THOR - Super files, Working with XML, and Free-form Text Parsing, Introduction to ROXIE - Indexes and Queries, Advanced ROXIE - Complex Query Development, and Applied ECL – ECL Code Generation Tools.
Boca Raton, FL 33431 - USA
Thursday, February 23 at 6:00 PM